LUP 276: Very Long Term Support¶
- Air Date: 2018-11-20
- Duration: 69 mins 25 secs
About this episode¶
Android and Ubuntu are working exceptionally hard to create longer support cycles. We’ll highlight the work that makes this possible, and what’s motivating these two different projects to strive for Very Long Term Support.
- Pioneers — Pioneers, the wonderfully addicting game based on "The Settlers of Catan"
- XPRA — multi-platform screen and application forwarding system or "screen for X11"
- Valve discontinues the Steam Link — Farewell to the Steam Link, the best wireless HDMI gadget ever made
- Bringing the Android kernel back to the mainline — Android devices are based on the Linux kernel but, since the beginning, those devices have not run mainline kernels.
- Linux Deepin 15.8 Released with Various Neat Improvements
- Ubuntu 18.04 LTS is getting 10-Year Support
- Ubuntu Security Podcast
- LINUX Unplugged Feedback: Docking Stations?
- Lenovo G0A10170UL Thunderbolt 3 Graphics Dock
- Lenovo Thunderbolt 3 Dock on Debian Linux | The Blog of Juho
- Thunderbolt 3 device manager
- prime-select: A fork of FedoraPrime enhanced for all linux distributions
- Black Friday Sale | Linux Academy
- Name the Automation System — Which two names work best for the Jupiter Broadcasting Automation system?
- Feedback from Albert: Youtube on the Desktop?
- Minitube, YouTube app for Mac, Windows and Linux
- youtube-dl — youtube-dl is a command-line program to download videos from YouTube
- webtty: Share a terminal session over WebRTC
- unite-shell: Unite makes GNOME Shell look like Ubuntu Unity Shell.
- WireGuard VPN Road Warrior Setup
10 year support, 18.04, android, automation system, bolt, deepin, gaming on linux, linux, linux dock, linux kernel, linux podcast, lts, mainline, minitube, nvidia, prime, prime-select, remote desktop, settlers of catan, steam, steam link, thunderbolt, thunderbolt dock, ubuntu lts, ubuntu security podcast, unite-shell, unity, unplugged, valve, very long term support, webtty, x11, xpra, youtube-dl