CR 495: .Not Funded¶
- Air Date: 2022-12-07
- Duration: 66 mins 44 secs
About this episode¶
Amazon used the stage of AWS re:Invent to toss shade on .Net and reveal its broader ambitions.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/coder
- Tailscale: Tailscale is the easiest way to create a peer-to-peer network with the power of Wireguard.
- Elon Musk on Twitter — Good conversation. Among other things, we resolved the misunderstanding about Twitter potentially being removed from the App Store. Tim was clear that Apple never considered doing so.
- .NET open source is 'heavily under-funded' says AWS — "We found that .NET open source is heavily under-funded," said Saikat Banerjee, an AWS software development manager, at a re:Invent session this week.
- Pydantic V2 Plan - pydantic — The release of version 2 is an opportunity to rebuild pydantic and correct many things that don't make sense - to make pydantic amazing 🚀.
- PyO3 user guide — Rust bindings for Python, including tools for creating native Python extension modules. Running and interacting with Python code from a Rust binary is also supported.
- FastAPI — FastAPI framework, high performance, easy to learn, fast to code, ready for production
- Coinbase Wallet on Twitter — You might have noticed you can't send NFTs on Coinbase Wallet iOS anymore. This is because Apple blocked our last app release until we disabled the feature.
- Good Morning America on Twitter — @GStephanopoulos sits down with former FTX CEO Sam Bankman-Fried
- ‘We kind of lost track’: how Sam Bankman-Fried blurred lines between FTX and Alameda — Exchange’s former CEO says he was close to key decisions at nominally separate trading firm
- Why Hasn’t Sam Bankman-Fried Been Arrested Yet?
- Mike on Mastodon
- asdf — Manage multiple runtime versions with a single CLI tool
- Send a Boost into the Show — Upgrade to a Podcasting 2.0 Podcast app, and Boost into the show 🔥
.net underfunded, active directory, app store, aws, aws re:invent, coder radio, coinbase wallet, development podcast, elon, fastapi, improve wcf, mastodon, nfts, pydantic, pyo3 rust, saikat banerjee, sam bankman-fried, sbf, twitter