LUP 520: To Infinity and Berlin¶
- Air Date: 2023-07-23
- Duration: 69 mins 46 secs
About this episode¶
Do they build them better in Germany? We try out the next-generation InfinityBook Pro 14 and dig into TUXEDO OS.
- Tailscale: Tailscale is a Zero config VPN. It installs on any device in minutes, manages firewall rules for you, and works from anywhere. Get 20 devices for free for a personal account.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- Kolide: Kolide is a device trust solution for companies with Okta, and they ensure that if a device isn’t trusted and secure, it can’t log into your cloud apps.
- 🎉 Alby — Boost into the show, first grab Alby, top it off, and then head over to the Podcast Index.
- ⚡️ LINUX Unplugged on the Podcastindex.org — You can boost from the web. Once Alby is topped off, visit our page on the Podcast Index.
- Office Hours 33: Just Burn it all Down — Why independent media is getting just as bad as mainstream media, and Brent's escape from a wildfire. Plus, an update on our new bounty release format!
- TUXEDO Computers — TUXEDO Computers are customizable Linux notebooks and Desktop PCs optimized in the first place to run with Ubuntu-based Linux operating systems.
- TUXEDO OS Download
- TUXEDO InfinityBook Pro 14 Gen8 Linux Ultrabook Is Now Available for Pre-Order
- TUXEDO InfinityBook Pro 14 Gen8 — 17 mm thin, 1.3 kg light, a chassis footprint of only 31 x 21.5 cm, paired with a top-notch 16:10 3K Omnia display, a max-sized 99 Wh battery and a 14-core Intel Core i7-13700H high-performance processor.
- ddev — Docker-based local PHP+Node.js web development environments.
- [nixpkgs PR] ddev: init at 1.21.4 by jgonyea
- Flipper Zero — Portable Multi-tool Device for Geeks
- GNU Wget — GNU Wget is a free software package for retrieving files using HTTP, HTTPS, FTP and FTPS, the most widely used Internet protocols.
- GNU Guix — transactional package manager and distribution
- Cheogram — Extensible Messaging and Presence for the Telephone Network
- no-more-secrets — This project provides a command line tool called nms that recreates the famous data decryption effect seen on screen in the 1992 hacker movie Sneakers.
- Bard-Shell — Bard-Shell is a utility that allows you to use Google's Bard AI in the Linux terminal.
alma linux, berlin, budgie, bytebitten, charging profiles, cpu freq control, cpu power limits, ddev, fan control, flipper zero, germany, infinitybook pro 14 gen8, intel i7-13700h cpu, intel iris xe graphics, intel raptor lake-h processor, iso keyboard layout, kubuntu, linux, linux 6.2, meetups w/brent, nixos, nixpkgs, omemo, plasma 5.27.6, privacy-preserving powertools, thunderbolt 4, tuxedo computers, tuxedo control center, tuxedo os 2, tuxedoos, ubuntu, ubuntu 22.04, usb-c charging options, wget, wild fire update, xmpp