LAN 124: Linux Action News 124¶
- Air Date: 2019-09-22
- Duration: 31 mins 47 secs
About this episode¶
Richard Stallman resigns, we share our thoughts and discuss the future for RMS and the FSF.
- Richard Stallman resigns from the FSF
- Richard Stallman resigns from MIT — I am resigning effective immediately from my position in CSAIL at MIT. I am doing this due to pressure on MIT and me over a series of misunderstandings and mischaracterizations.
- A reflection on the departure of RMS - Thomas Bushnell — By my reckoning, I worked for RMS longer than any other programmer.
- LINUX Unplugged 319: Positive in the Freedom Dimension
- Debian reconsiders init diversity — In some ways dropping Elogind is a bigger decision. If we ever want to try something different than Systemd, we'll need something like Elogind.
- Debian May Need To Re-Evaluate Its Interest In "Init System Diversity"
- systemd-homed: systemd Now Working To Improve Home Directory Handling — Among the goals are allowing more easily migratable home directories, ensuring all data for users is self-contained to the home directories, UID assignments being handled to the local system, unified user password and encryption key handling, better data encryption handling in general, and other modernization efforts.
- Lennart's Video: Reinventing Home Directories
- Huawei confirms the new Mate 30 Pro won’t come with Google’s Android apps — Richard Yu, the CEO of Huawei’s consumer products division, revealed onstage at a press event in Germany this morning that the company has been forced to drop Google’s Mobile Services (GMS) license on the Mate 30 series of devices.
- Huawei clarifies it has "no plans" to unlock the bootloader — Huawei has “no plans” to unlock the bootloader on Mate 30 series devices.
- Oracle announces Oracle Autonomous Linux — Oracle Autonomous Linux provisions itself, scales itself, tunes itself and patches itself while running.
- CentOS Linux 7 (1908) released — This release supersedes all previously released content for CentOS Linux 7
all systems go, centos, debian, free software foundation, fsf, gapps, home directories, huawei, init diversity, json, jupiter broadcasting, lennart poettering, linux academy, linux action show, linux news podcast, locked bootloader, luks, mate 30 pro, mit, oracle autonomous linux, richard stallman resigns, rms, systemd-homed