LAN 101: Linux Action News 101¶
- Air Date: 2019-04-14
- Duration: 29 mins 36 secs
About this episode¶
Google's important news this week, why Linux is fueling PowerShell Growth, and the Matrix breach that might be worse than it sounds.
- The 6 most important announcements from Google Cloud Next 2019 — Anthos is the new name of the Google Cloud Services Platform, Google’s managed service for allowing enterprises to run applications in their private data center and in Google’s cloud.
- PowerShell growth fueled by Linux use — PowerShell Core usage has grown significantly in the last two years. In particular, the bulk of our growth has come from Linux usage
- Teaching machines to triage Firefox bugs
- Mozilla still on track to enable DNS-over-HTTPS by default in Firefox
- Protections Against Fingerprinting and Cryptocurrency Mining Available in Firefox Nightly and Beta
- Matrix suffers security breach — An attacker gained access to the servers hosting Matrix.org. The intruder had access to the production databases, potentially giving them access to unencrypted message data, password hashes and access tokens.
- Archive of deleted GitHub Issues lodged by the hacker
- Chinese government proposes ban on bitcoin mining — A Chinese ban on cryptocurrency mining would be a huge deal for the global bitcoin community.
2fv, android two factor authentication, anthos, aws, azure, browser fingerprinting, cryptocurrency mining, google cloud, hybrid cloud, jupiter broadcasting, kubernetes, linux action show, linux news podcast, linux powershell, matrix, matrix.org, mongodb, powershell, redis labs, security breach, twofactor