LUP 509: The Next Gen Desktop¶
- Air Date: 2023-05-07
- Duration: 59 mins 50 secs
About this episode¶
The first new desktop environment in a while that has caught our attention, and it promises to unlock the full power of cutting-edge Linux.
- Tailscale: Tailscale is a Zero config VPN. It installs on any device in minutes, manages firewall rules for you, and works from anywhere. Get 20 devices for free for a personal account.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- Bitwarden: Bitwarden is the easiest way for businesses and individuals to store, share, and sync sensitive data.
- Hyprland Hall of Fame
- Hyprland Master Tutorial — If you are coming to Hyprland for the first time, this is the main tutorial to read.
- Hyprland - ArchWiki — Hyprland bundles its own version of wlroots, which closely follows the wlroots-git. This improves stability, while also avoiding dependency conflicts with other wlroots-based compositors.
- Nix | Hyprland Wiki — Hyprland on Nix can be installed either from Nixpkgs (release version) or from the flake (directly from the main branch).
- Hyprland on NixOS — The NixOS module enables critical components needed to run Hyprland properly, such as: polkit, xdg-desktop-portal-hyprland, graphics drivers, fonts, dconf, xwayland, and adding a proper Desktop Entry to your Display Manager.
- awesome-hyprland — Useful tools and libraries that either work or are designed for Hyprland!
- Outdoor Home Assistant — Why Chris needs ANOTHER Home Assistant instance and a major breakthrough for self-hosters.
- The Sprinkler Geeks, LLC — Irrigation service, repair, and maintenance. Servicing Thurston, Lewis, & Gray's Harbor Counties.
- Brocade ICX 6610-24P Switch
- Boost Vs Patreon — I have one friend who loves podcasts, but he still doesn't get how it offers anything new compared to Patreon. Could you guys please give a short rundown of how boosts are different and how they have helped LUP?
- Evernote on Linux — Evernote for Linux is currently in private beta.
- xwmx/nb — nb is a command line and local web note‑taking, bookmarking, archiving, and knowledge base application
- Ecowitt weather station
- Tidal-Media-Downloader — Tidal-Media-Downloader is an application that lets you download videos and tracks from Tidal.
- When Stars and Salt Collide” by The Piano Guys.
- Podcasting 2.0 Apps
- LINUX Unplugged on the Podcastindex.org
- Vod2pod-rss — Vod2Pod-RSS converts a YouTube or Twitch channel into a podcast with ease. It creates a podcast RSS that can be listened to directly inside any podcast client.
arch, archwiki, awesome-hyprland, dynamic tiling, easy configuration, ecowitt weather station, esp32, garden automation, hall of fame, hyprland, hyprland wiki, installation, jupiter broadcasting, linux podcast, linux unplugged, manual installation, master tutorial, nb, nix, nixos, notes, nvidia gpus, opensuse tumbleweed, running hyprland, smooth animations, the sprinkler geeks, xwmx/nb