LAN 115: Linux Action News 115¶
- Air Date: 2019-07-21
- Duration: 21 mins 38 secs
About this episode¶
We're pleasantly surprised by a new Linux distro, EvilGnome malware spies on Gnome Shell users, and more good news for MacBook Linux users.
- EndeavourOS first stable release — We’re proud to present you our very first stable release of EndeavourOS.
- RetroArch coming to Steam — But will this "completely free" release run afoul of Steam Community Guidelines?
- Introducing ubuntu-wsl — “A collection of utilities for WSL” to let you create shortcuts on the Windows desktop with wslusc, start the default Windows browser with wslview, and do a few other things.
- WSL - Ubuntu Wiki
- EvilGnome: Rare Malware Spying on Desktop Users — We have named the implant EvilGnome, for its disguise as a Gnome extension. The malware is currently fully undetected across all major security solutions. EvilGnome is a rare type of malware due to its appetite for Linux desktop users.
- Macbook keyboard and trackpad support coming to Linux 5.3 — Linux up to now hasn't had mainline support for the keyboard and trackpad on recent years of MacBooks: from MacBook8,1 or later or MacBookPro13 and MacBookPro14 models. These IDs roughly correlate to the MacBook systems since the end of 2015.
- Maintainer for gpodder.net needed — Some effort is required to keep a website or web service running and up-to-date. I (the current maintainer) have enough time to keep the system up and running for now, but no time to do any improvements and other development.
antergos, dolphin, emulators, endeavouros, evilgnome, gnome extension malware, gpodder maintainer, jupiter broadcasting, linux 5.3, linux action show, linux news podcast, macbook keyboard linux support, retroarch, roms, steam, ubuntu-wsl