LUP 283: The Premiere Shell¶
- Air Date: 2019-01-08
- Duration: 70 mins 33 secs
About this episode¶
Joe joins Wes to discuss the state of Adobe's Creative Cloud on Linux and why the Fish shell might be your favorite new tool.
- Pretty much every recent Windows Phone is now hackable
- Fedora 31 Isn't Expected To Be Delayed After All — Since November the developers behind Fedora Linux had been discussing whether to significantly delay or even cancel Fedora 31 so they could spend around one year working on re-tooling how the distribution is crafted and work on other fundamental changes. But it turns out now they have decided against this big shake-up delay
- Fedora Planning A Per-System Unique Identifier For DNF — The proposal is quick to acknowledge the intent isn't for tracking users but only counting and this UUID wouldn't be re-used by other systems.
- Linux 5.0 is on the way — The numbering change is not indicative of anything special. If you want to have an official reason, it's that I ran out of fingers and toes to count on, so 4.21 became 5.0
- Track Chris and Lady Jups
- GNU ed 1.15 released
- Bash 5.0 release available
- Fish Shell 3.0.0 — Fish 3 is a major release, which introduces some breaking changes alongside improved functionality.
- Peter (@ridiculous_fish) | Twitter
- "Would totally skip Linux." — We shipped Planetary Annihilation on Win, Mac, and Linux. Linux uses we're a big vocal part of the Kickstarter and forums. In the end they accounted for <0.1% of sales but >20% of auto reported crashes and support tickets
- Game dev: Linux users were only 0.1% of sales but 20% of crashes and tickets | Hacker News
- Jason Evangelho on Twitter — Re: Adobe Premiere on Linux. I have a call next week with both Bill Roberts (Sr. Director Product Management) & Patrick Palmer (Principal Product Manager). They reached out to ME. I think a genuine effort is being made here to listen to & understand various perspectives.
- Jason Evangelho @ Forbes
- Entroware Apollo 14"
adobe, apollo, bash, clear linux, creative cloud, dnf, ed, entroware, fedora, fedora 31, fish, fish shell, gaming on linux, gnu, jason evangelho, jupiter broadcasting, linux, linux 5.0, linux kernel, linux podcast, peter ammon, premiere, proton, rover tracker, shell, steam, unplugged, user tracking, windows phone, zsh