CR 449: Monetized Misery¶
- Air Date: 2022-01-19
- Duration: 48 mins 48 secs
About this episode¶
Emboldened by his success, Mike takes a victory lap. Little does he know it's all virtual.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/coder
- JetBrains Fleet — Built from scratch, based on 20 years of experience developing IDEs. Fleet uses the IntelliJ code-processing engine, with a distributed IDE architecture and a reimagined UI.
- Hillel is teaching a workshop on Twitter — Okay, we've all seen this meme, so what's the story behind it? Was it a real book, and was it actually intended for children?
- Mommy Why Is There A Server In The House- Animation - YouTube
- Internal Tech Emails on Twitter — Apple execs: Let's take a 30% cut of Uber and Lyft's membership programs
- Dare Obasanjo on Twitter — Apple’s approach to allowing 3rd party payments for IAPs in Netherlands will follow Google’s approach in South Korea. Developers will still need to pay Apple a fee even if they use Stripe,etc. Google reduced their fee by 4% meaning there’s zero benefit.
- Dare Obasanjo on Twitter — Apple & Google are going to tell developers “Fine instead of 30%, the fee is now 26% and after giving Stripe 2.9% + 30¢ plus a worse UX, you’ll be worse off”. This is a diabolical way to meet the letter but not the spirit of laws. World class legal judo.
- Apple's AR/VR headset could be priced above $2,000 — A Friday report indicated that Apple was having trouble with its rumored AR/VR headset due to overheating, camera, and software challenges, which could make the company delay its plans to unveil its Mixed Reality headset this year. Now, Bloomberg’s Mark Gurman is back with some more tidbits regarding the product.
apple, apple headset, ar, coder radio, development podcast, fleet, green bubble shame, iap, ide, imessage for android, jetbrains, linux, m1, meta, metaverse, netherlands, pop, python, self-hosting for small business, south korea, tabby, vscode, web3