LUP 280: Handmade Desktop Linux¶
- Air Date: 2018-12-17
- Duration: 69 mins 10 secs
About this episode¶
We’re just back from touring System76’s new factory, and getting the inside scoop on how they build their Thelio desktop. This is our story about walking in as skeptics, and walking out as believers.
- ProtonMail is auctioning a Lifetime Account to support WireGuard
- Mir 1.1 Released With EGLStreams Support To Work With NVIDIA's Binary Driver
- ASUS is releasing encrypted kernel sources for the ZenFone Max Pro M1, Max Pro M2 and Max M2
- Keyboardio: A Startling Discovery — On the one hand, there's a lot of money missing. We think there's a decent chance that money has vanished never to be seen again. Products that we said we sent you...simply never existed. We're genuinely sorry about that.
- User Error
- Linux Academy supports St. Jude's — For each Learning Activity that you complete between 12/16 and 12/26, Linux Academy will donate $1 to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital this holiday season.
- LinuxFest Northwest — 20th Anniversary! Past, Present & Future
- LINUX Unplugged Blog - System76 Factory Tour
- Meet the New Linux Desktop Champion: System76 Thelio
- Feedback: Xrandr tip for wimpy
- Feedback: Try minidlna
- ReadyMedia - ArchWiki
- Feedback: How can we tolerate systemd?
- Microsoft/ethr: Ethr is a Network Performance Measurement Tool for TCP, UDP & HTTP.
- remove.bg: A tool to remove background from image
- Streama - Self hosted media server
asus, eglstreams, ethr, go, gpl violation, jupiter broadcasting, keyboardio, kms, linux desktop, linux podcast, microsoft, minidlna, mir, nvidia, pop!_os, protonmail, readymedia, remove.bg, streama, system76, systemd, thelio, udev, unplugged, wayland, wireguard, xrandr, zenfone