LUP 417: Run Every Distro At Once¶
- Air Date: 2021-08-03
- Duration: 47 mins 35 secs
About this episode¶
Yabba Dabba Distro! Run every major distribution on one native host. How we hijacked a Fedora install and turned it into the ultimate meta Linux box.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- New JB Stickers: We've got new high-res stickers in the Garage, grab more than one and the shipping savings is NICE.
- A Cloud Guru: This course is designed to be a deep dive into the topic of systemd, the most widely used service management scheme in Linux today.
- Jupiter Broadcasting Garage Sale Stickers
- Salt Lake City Meetup
- Denver Meetup Meetup
- AMD + Valve Working On New Linux CPU Performance Scaling Design — Along with other optimizations to benefit the Steam Deck, AMD and Valve have been jointly working on CPU frequency/power scaling improvements to enhance the Steam Play gaming experience on modern AMD platforms running Linux.
- Linux has finally hit that almost mythical 1% user share on Steam again — If we take how many monthly active users Steam has which Valve reported at over 120 million at the start of this year, that would give us an estimated 1,204,000 monthly active Linux users on Steam.
- Watch Ingenuity explore intriguing Raised Ridges in new video
- Chris Hijacks Fedora 34 (Image Gallery)
- Bedrock Linux — Bedrock Linux is a meta Linux distribution which allows users to mix-and-match components from other, typically incompatible distributions. Bedrock integrates these components into one largely cohesive system.
- Bedrock Linux: Frequently Asked Questions
- Linux Action Show 316 — Introducing Bedrock Linux
- Bedrock Linux presentation at Ohio Linuxfest 2012
- Chris Fisher on Twitter — I joined the @latenightlinux boys to cover my @syncthing setup that just hit the two-year mark, and we chat a little @teamsilverblue, the problem of OSS grifting, and more.
- JB Telegram
- JB Mumble
- Pick: imgdupes — Find and delete near-duplicate images based on a perceptual hash.
acpi, ai, alpine, amd, arch, arch repo on debian, aur on centos, aur on debian, bedrock linux, brl, chroot, cpu frequency scaling, cpufreq, cross-distro, debian, fedora, fuse, gamingonlinux, image deduplication, imgdupes, ingenuity, intel, jupiter broadcasting, linux podcast, linux unplugged, linuxserver.io, machine learning, mars 2020, nasa, netdata, paradigm, perceptual hash, performance, phoronix, pmm, power management, raised ridges, steam, steam deck, steam survey, ubuntu, valve, void linux, webtop, xdc