CR 539: Mike Breaks the Build¶
- Air Date: 2023-10-11
- Duration: 56 mins 59 secs
About this episode¶
Mike checks in from the grind and shares some challenges in recent cross-platform testing; then, we get into the avalanche of negative AI press coverage this week and the one massive story they're not touching.
- Alderon Games: Alderon Games is looking to hire talented remote workers. They believe in the power of play and the magic of immersive worlds and are looking for passionate individuals.
- Tailscale: Tailscale is the easiest way to create a peer-to-peer network with the power of Wireguard.
- ⚡ Alby: Your Boost companion for the web — Create an Alby Account to get a lightning wallet for payments wherever you go.
- 🎉 Coder Radio on the Podcastindex.org — Boost from the Web. Once you have Alby topped off, you can Boost from our page on the Podcast Index.
- Why Hybrid Workers Are 'Coffee Badging' to Avoid Going Back to the Office — The workplace trend involves showing up at the office for a few hours before leaving.
- Report Claims LOTR: Gollum Publisher Used AI To Write Apology — An investigation by German outlet Game Two into what went wrong during the development of Lord of the Rings: Gollum has made claims that the publisher’s apology for the terrible state of the released game was written by AI ChatGPT.
- Disney’s Loki remains silent over reported use of generative AI — Loki season 2 poster has been linked to a stock image on Shutterstock that seemingly breaks the platform’s licensing rules regarding AI-generated content.
- Artists are upset that ‘Secret Invasion’ used AI art for opening credits — Marvel’s latest series, “Secret Invasion,” made its debut on Disney+ today, sparking tons of backlash after it was confirmed the intro sequence was AI-generated.
- AI doesn’t sound particularly profitable. — Despite charging $10 a month for GitHub Copilot, The Wall Street Journal reports that Microsoft is losing an average of over $20 per user, per month.
- Who Is OpenAI’s Sam Altman? Meet the Oppenheimer of Our Age — Altman grew up the oldest of four siblings in suburban St. Louis: three boys, Sam, Max, and Jack, each two years apart, then a girl, Annie, nine years younger than Sam.
- Annie Altman on X — I’m not four years old with a 13 year old “brother” climbing into my bed non-consensually anymore.
- Annie Altman on X — Annie's video message to Sam Altman.
- Émile P. Torres, PhD on X — This is Sam Altman's sister. Her tweets about sexual, physical, emotional, etc. abuse are incredibly hard to read. Seems that no one in the media is that interested in covering this story because they're afraid of losing access to OpenAI if they write something critical of Sam.
- Pledditor on X — Sam Altman's sister is making some eyepopping allegations against him 👀
- LinuxFest Northwest | Meetup
ai, ai profitability, ai services, ai shaming, bialetti moka express, chemex, coffee, coffee maker, compiler macros, copilot, cross-platform testing, developers, disney's loki, domain nightmare, gaggia classic, github, greg price, hybrid workers, iced coffee, kuregs, microsoft, poetry, pour over coffee, press coverage, profitability, sam altman, sam altman's sister, secret invasion, windows