LUP 471: The Cottonwood Disaster¶
- Air Date: 2022-08-14
- Duration: 73 mins 24 secs
About this episode¶
Our garage Linux server has died, and this time we’re looking at data loss. We attempt to revive our zombie box and reflect on what went wrong.
- Tailscale: Tailscale is a Zero config VPN. It installs on any device in minutes, manages firewall rules for you, and works from anywhere. Get 20 devices for free for a personal account.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- Bitwarden: Bitwarden is the easiest way for businesses and individuals to store, share, and sync sensitive data.
- Microsoft open-sources over 1,500 of its cute 3D emoji designs for anyone to use
- The NEW Jupiter Broadcasting Website
- Upcoming Jupiter Broadcasting Meetups
- Get your name in the hat for our JPL tour
- LINUX Unplugged 468: The Read Only Scenario
- Operating System development tutorials in Rust on the Raspberry Pi — Learn to write an embedded OS in Rust.
- Podverse — V4V is now available in Podverse F-Droid beta 🥳
- FluffyChat — Open. Nonprofit. Cute. Easy to use (matrix) messenger. Secure and decentralized.
- FluffyChat on Flathub
- FluffyChat in F-Droid
- lrn — Command-line tool for learning by repetition.
- Columbus Club Ohio LinuxFest Matrix Meetup Room
3d emoji, android, anki, asus, audio, beelink mini, boosts, california, columbus, e-ink, element, embedded os, endless, endlessos, fedora, flashcards, fluffychat, fountain, gnome, hp probook, hugo, jb.com, jpl, jupiter broadcasting, linux mint, linux podcast, linux unplugged, lrn, matrix, meetups, microsoft, new-user distro, nixos, ohio linuxfest, oregon, package manager, pi juice, raspberry pi, rust, slovenia, smartpi touch 2, spaced repetition, usb interface, value4value, vivobook, website, x1 carbon