CR 523: Scooby-Doo of Code Hiding¶
- Air Date: 2023-06-21
- Duration: 44 mins 11 secs
About this episode¶
We open the robe and spend a little time chatting about the software development business.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/coder
- Tailscale: Tailscale is the easiest way to create a peer-to-peer network with the power of Wireguard.
- Devicescript — DeviceScript brings a TypeScript developer experience to low-resource microcontroller-based devices. DeviceScript is compiled to a custom VM bytecode, which can run in very constrained environments.
- GitHub accused of varying Copilot output to avoid copyright allegations — GitHub is alleged to have tuned its Copilot programming assistant to generate slight variations of ingested training code to prevent output from being flagged as a direct copy of licensed software.…
- Google doesn’t want employees working remotely — “We know that a number of people moved to fully remote work for many good reasons, as we all adjusted to the pandemic. For those who are remote and who live near a Google office, we hope you’ll consider switching to a hybrid work schedule. Our offices are where you’ll be most connected to Google’s community. Going forward, we’ll consider new remote work requests by exception only.”
- Hybrid combines the worst of office and remote work — The hybrid arrangement kills many of the key benefits of remote work
- Why millions of usable hard drives are being destroyed — In 2021, the company approached IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) firms, who dispose of old technology for businesses that no longer need it. The answer came back: "Sorry, we have to shred old drives."
- The US Is Openly Stockpiling Dirt on All Its Citizens — A newly declassified report from the Office of the Director of National Intelligence reveals that the federal government is buying troves of data about Americans.
- Alby: Your Boost companion for the web — Create an Alby Account to get a lightning wallet for payments wherever you go.
- Coder Radio on the Podcastindex.org — Send a Boost into the show via the web. First, top-up Alby, then head over to our entry on the Podcast Index.
benefits, business of development, coder radio, commute, compromise, david, developers, development podcast, devs, employees, google, half-assed work, hiring process, hybrid work, internal memo, office, remote work, solution, team, video calls, working remotely, zoom fatigue