LAN 146: Linux Action News 146¶
- Air Date: 2020-02-23
- Duration: 27 mins 59 secs
About this episode¶
Microsoft Defender for Linux is in preview, Mozilla's VPN has a secret advantage, and why the community is calling out NPM Inc.
- Microsoft: Linux Defender antivirus now in public preview — We're aiming to protect the modern workplace environment across everything that it is, being Microsoft or non-Microsoft.
- Microsoft Threat Protection stops attack sprawl and auto-heals enterprise
- Microsoft's Word, Excel and PowerPoint now live under one App
- Microsoft Works - Wikipedia
- Firefox releases an Android app for its VPN service — The Firefox Private Network VPN is powered by Mullvad VPN. Mullvad VPN claims that it won’t log and monitor user data, unlike many other VPN services.
- The Private Internet Access Android app is being open sourced
- IVPN applications are now open source
- Tom Scott video about VPNs
- Android 11 Developer Preview — All the changes we found from Android 10 so far.
- npm struggling to fund FOSS devs — Funding free software is 'still a very unsolved problem' says co-founder
- The Linux Foundation and Harvard’s Lab for Innovation Science Release Census for Open Source Software Security — New analysis identifies most widely used software and uncovers critical questions for the future of securing one of the world’s greatest shared resources
- The Linux Foundation identifies most important open-source software components and their problems — In its latest study, the Linux Foundation's Core Infrastructure Initiative discovered just how prevalent open-source components are in all software and their shared problems and vulnerabilities.
- Most-used libraries revealed