LAN 118: Linux Action News 118¶
- Air Date: 2019-08-09
- Duration: 28 mins 41 secs
About this episode¶
Ubuntu integrates ZFS even further, NVIDIA starts publishing GPU documentation, and Harmony OS makes its debut.
- NVIDIA Starts Publishing GPU Hardware Documentation To Help Open-Source Drivers — NVIDIA is releasing more GPU hardware documentation at long last.
- GitHub - NVIDIA/open-gpu-doc
- Enhancing our ZFS support on Ubuntu 19.10 — We are going to enhance ZFS on root support in the coming cycles. Ubuntu 19.10 is a first-round towards that goal. We want to support ZFS on root as an experimental installer option, initially for desktop, but keeping the layout extensible for server later on.
- Big performance improvements for LibreOffice — The Document Foundation announces LibreOffice 6.3, a feature-rich major release of the LibreOffice 6 family with better performance, a large number of new and improved features, and enhanced interoperability with proprietary document formats:
- You might actually want to use the new DeX on the Galaxy Note 10 — Among the many new updates and features coming with the Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus is a revamped take on DeX, Samsung’s desktop-like software that is powered by the phone.
- Huawei officially reveals Harmony OS — Harmony OS is microkernel-based, like Google’s in-development Fuchsia OS.
- Linux Journal Ceases Publication — On August 7, 2019, Linux Journal shut its doors for good. All staff were laid off and the company is left with no operating funds to continue in any capacity.
- Linux Format - Print or Digital
19.10, android, ark compiler, eoan ermine, fuchsia os, gpu, grub, hardware interfaces, harmony os, huawei, jupiter broadcasting, kepler, libreoffice 6.3, linux action show, linux format, linux journal, linux news podcast, maxwell, microkernel, nouveau, nvidia documentation, pascal, ubuntu, volta, zfs on linux, zfs on root