JE 011: Librem 5 Unplugged¶
- Air Date: 2019-09-05
- Duration: 17 mins 24 secs
About this episode¶
We react to the "ship date" of the Librem 5, and look back at when it was first announced.
- Librem 5 Will Begin Shipping In The Weeks Ahead, But Varying Quality Over Months Ahead — With the initial batch of phones at the end of September and early October, the hardware quality is said to be "Individually milled case, loose fit, varying alignment, unfinished switch caps. (Hand crafted)" On the software side there is their initial release of mobile software on PureOS while software updates will have to be done from the terminal. Their shipping window for this first batch is 24 September to 22 October.
- Librem 5 Shipping Announcement – Purism — Due to the high volume, growing demand for the Librem 5, and in the interest of openness and transparency, Purism is publishing its full, detailed, iterative shipping schedule.
- Massive Progress, Exact CPU Selected & Minor Shipping Adjustment – Purism
- The Librem 5 from Purism: A Matrix Native Smartphone. | Matrix.org