CR 382: Hacktoberbust¶
- Air Date: 2020-10-06
- Duration: 53 mins 7 secs
About this episode¶
We examine the deeper problems in Open Source development the recent Hacktoberfest drama has exposed.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/coder
- A Cloud Guru: A Cloud Guru now includes Cloud Playground. Azure, AWS, or GCP Sandboxes at your fingertips.
- Jonathan Meek on Twitter — Does this count as BBQ or no? Some chicken w/ a homemade BBQ sauce & others w/ a honey brown sugar thyme sauce. Figured I would ask since I am listening to Coder Radio while I sit in the cool air.
- Futhark - Ready to take the challenge? — Futhark is a small programming language designed to be compiled to efficient parallel code. It is a statically typed, data-parallel, and purely functional array language in the ML family, and comes with a heavily optimising ahead-of-time compiler that presently generates GPU code via CUDA and OpenCL
- Supporting Linux kernel development in Rust — Since then, Linus Torvalds and other core kernel maintainers have expressed openness in principle to supporting kernel development in Rust
- Tim Cook: Apple is now the No.1 watchmaker in the world — Tim Cook revealed the big news alongside the unveiling of the Apple Watch Series 3, which comes packing LTE as was expected.
- How One Guy Ruined #Hacktoberfest2020 #Drama — Hacktoberfest is an annual event that occurs every October. It is held by Digital Ocean and encourages developers to submit Pull Requests to Open Source repositories and as a reward you get a T-Shirt.
- Join the CoderQA Team — Our first Coderly report is out for our members!
amd, apple, apple silicon benchmarks, arm, coder challenge, coder radio, cpu, development podcast, futhark, github, hacktoberfest, jupiter broadcasting, linux users, nvidia, opensuse, pr spam, rust kernel development