LAN 113: Linux Action News 113¶
- Air Date: 2019-07-07
- Duration: 36 mins 0 secs
About this episode¶
We try out Debian 10 Buster and cover what's new. There is a fresh Linux distro for Chromebooks that is very appealing, and the ISPA calls Mozilla a villain.
- Debian 10 Buster released — We're happy to announce the release of Debian 10, codenamed buster.
- Debian 10 buster release details
- Debian and code names
- GalliumOS 3.0 released — GalliumOS can be installed in place of ChromeOS, or in a dual-boot configuration alongside ChromeOS.
- You Can Finally Read/Write To The SSDs On Newer Macs — This out-of-tree patch is against the current Linux 5.1 kernel and the write support should be considered particularly experimental, so be aware before trying to use this on a drive with any sensitive data.
- Mozilla teases $5-per-month ad-free news subscription — Mozilla has started teasing an ad-free news subscription service, which, for $5 per month, would offer ad-free browsing, audio readouts, and cross-platform syncing of news articles from a number of websites.
- ISPA calls Mozilla a villain — The Internet Services Providers’ Association is pleased to announce the finalists for the 2019 Internet Hero and Villain.
- ISPA doubles down
- How to enable DNS-over-HTTPS (DoH) in Firefox
- Mozilla response in the register
- No plans to enable DNS-over-HTTPS by default in the UK
- Fuchsia gets a website — A couple of days ago and without fanfare Google went live with Fuchsia.dev, a developer site for its new operating system, currently called the Fuchsia Project.
- Dr. Xu Zhongxing's speech: Fuchsia OS Introduction Complete Record and Slide Download — The world needs a new operating system. Linux only cares about the world of servers, like a boiler worker who specializes in working in a boiler room below the deck. In order to make up for the shortcomings of Linux, Android has a thick middle layer and is constantly making compromises.
2019 internet vilain, buster, chromeos, control group, debian 10, dns over https, dns queries, docker, doh, fuchsia, galliumos 3, ispa, jupiter broadcasting, linus vs tanenbaum, linux action show, linux news podcast, mcmrarm, microkernel, mozilla news service, mozilla vpn, namespace, unionfs, zircon