LAN 235: Linux Action News 235¶
- Air Date: 2022-04-07
- Duration: 19 mins 13 secs
About this episode¶
Docker surprises everyone, new Fedora tools in the works, and an old debate with a fresh take.
- Linode: Sign up using the link on this page and receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account.
- Ting: Save $25 off your first device, or $25 in service credit if you bring one!
- Docker rebounds with $105m Series C funding and $2.1b value — Troubled container company may escape confines of its doldrums
- LXD 5.0 LTS has been released — This is our 4th LTS release and quite an exciting one for anyone coming from LXD 4.0 as it significantly steps up LXD’s abilities, especially when operating in clustered environments.
- Anaconda is getting a new suit and a wizard — Before starting the redesign work for the Anaconda installer, the team reviewed user feedback and usability study data that we’ve gathered over the years.
- Fedora Workstation Brainstorming A Possible GUI-Based Linux Recovery Environment — This currently hypothetical GUI-driven recovery environment sounds like it could almost be like Apple's macOS recovery mode in that there may be the possibility of even downloading a new system image from this environment.
- Fwupd 1.7.7 Released For Firmware Updating More Logitech Devices On Linux - Phoronix
- Lutris 0.5.10 Released With Steam Deck Support — Lutris 0.5.10 brings proper Steam Deck support thanks to their collaboration with Valve and receiving a Steam Deck developer kit. Lutris' Flatpak version is still being improved upon as the next step in enhancing the Steam Deck support for this game manager.
- Mathieu Comandon on Twitter — We gotta stop this culture of "only install Flatpaks / using root is dangerous" before it extends beyond the Steam Deck. Last thing I want is for desktop Linux to become like Android or ChromeOS.
android, bain capital, chromeos, containerization, desktop linux, docker, fingerprint reader, flatpak, fwupd, gaming on linux, gui-based linux recovery environment, lenovo, linux action news, linux news podcast, live migration, logitech, lutris, lxd 5, mathieu comandon, new anaconda, packaging, pci device passthrough, steam deck, virtualization, vtpm, wacom, wizard