CR 423: Dead Desktop Disco¶
- Air Date: 2021-07-21
- Duration: 42 mins 23 secs
About this episode¶
Has Microsoft figured out a way to invalidate the GPL? We're skeptical.
- A Cloud Guru: A Cloud Guru now includes Cloud Playground. Azure, AWS, or GCP Sandboxes at your fingertips.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/coder
- Qualcomm CEO Outlines Plans to Compete With Apple Silicon — Speaking to Reuters, Amon said that Qualcomm is capable of having the best chip on the market, thanks to a team of chip architects who previously worked for Apple but have since come to Qualcomm.
- Drachinifel - YouTube
- Salt Lake City | Meetup
- Denver Meetup | Meetup
- Microsoft puts PCs in the cloud with Windows 365 — Windows 365 is a new service that creates Cloud PCs
- Microsoft is bringing Windows to a web browser — Windows 365 will work in modern web browsers on Macs, iPads, Android devices, and Linux devices.
- Microsoft announces Windows 365 Cloud PC for commercial customers — With Windows 365, organizations can choose the size of the Cloud PC based on their needs with predictable per user per month pricing.
- Satya Nadella on Twitter — With Windows 365, we’re bringing the operating system to the cloud and creating a new category: the cloud PC, providing organizations with greater flexibility and a secure way to empower their workforce, regardless of location.
- "Every Preference Has a Cost" — GNOME’s Tobias Bernard has a new blog post out and it’s an essential read if you’re interested in the direction of the GNOME desktop.
- Community Power Part 4: The GNOME Way — In this post we’ll go over that ethos, both in terms of high level values, and what those translate to in more practical terms.
azure virtual desktop, cloud pc, coder radio, development podcast, github copilot, gnome, gnome extensions, insomnia solutions, microsoft, tobias, traditional desktop, ubuntu, windows 356