LAN 096: Linux Action News 96¶
- Air Date: 2019-03-10
- Duration: 23 mins 31 secs
About this episode¶
Free Software does what commercial can't this week, getting a Debian desktop on more Android devices gets closer and PureOS promises Convergence, but is there more beneath the surface?
- Ubuntu Touch OTA-8 Released — OTA-8 is primarily a stability improvement release as we continue to work on using upstream technologies in Ubuntu Touch, increasing our project output.
- PureOS convergence — Purism’s PureOS showcasing adaptive convergent design
- Announcing Maru 0.6 Okinawa — In Maru 0.6 Okinawa, the game completely changes, laying the foundation to run Maru on nearly any Android device.
- Android app devs to get new monetisation method — Google Play is excited to announce rewarded products, a new product type now available in open beta in the Play Console.
- Google Glass’ second-gen enterprise model leaks — Google’s not-quite-there vision of the future is getting a second enterprise model
- Microsoft open-sources Windows Calculator — Today, we’re excited to announce that we are open sourcing Windows Calculator on GitHub under the MIT License.
- calc.exe is now open source
android, azure pipelines, google glass, google play, google play billing library, jupiter broadcasting, linux action show, linux news podcast, maru, ota-8, pureos, rewarded products, scale 17x, ubuntu touch, usb-c, windows calculator