CR 436: The Diablo is in the Details¶
- Air Date: 2021-10-20
- Duration: 66 mins 51 secs
About this episode¶
Why mastering your development environment can be a tricky feat, and a server outage brought to you by the late 1990s.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/coder
- Datadog: Try Datadog free by starting a your 14-day trial and receive a free t-shirt once you install the agent.
- A Cloud Guru: The Certified Entry-Level Python Programmer Certification (PCEP) is a great place to start when getting Python certified.
- Apple announces 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pro — The M1 Pro chip is an upscaled version of the M1 chip, with up to 200 GB/s memory bandwidth, up to 32 GB RAM, and more than double the number of transistors. Apple said the CPU performance is about 70% faster than M1, and GPU performance is about double. M1 Max doubles RAM to 64 GB, and doubles the GPU size to 32 cores.
- Diablo II: Resurrected Outages — tl;dr: Our server outages have not been caused by a singular issue; we are solving each problem as they arise, with both mitigating solves and longer-term architectural changes.
- Blizzard Reveals Source Of Diablo II: Resurrected Server Issues — Blizzard has published a detailed post about the issues and hoo boy, they're complicated
- THE DECLINE OF DJANGO — Let's face it, it’s not very exciting to be a Django developer today.
- Python Programming - The State of Developer Ecosystem in 2021 Infographic
- Facebook Newsroom on Twitter — Right now 30+ journalists are finishing up a coordinated series of articles based on thousands of pages of leaked documents. We hear that to get the docs, outlets had to agree to the conditions and a schedule laid down by the PR team that worked on earlier leaked docs.
- Facebook Says AI Will Clean Up the Platform. Its Own Engineers Have Doubts — AI has only minimal success in removing hate speech, violent images and other problem content, according to internal company reports
- Facebook posts strange thread suggesting major revelations about to come out
apple mac event, coder radio, data loss, development podcast, diablo ii outage postmortem, django, facebook assassination, fastapi, flask, jetbrains, m1 max, m1 pro, numpy, promotion, pycharm, python developers survey, vs code