LAN 130: Linux Action News 130¶
- Air Date: 2019-11-03
- Duration: 26 mins 53 secs
About this episode¶
Fedora arrives from the future, the big players line up behind KernelCI, and researchers claim significant vulnerabilities in Horde.
- Fedora 31 is officially here! — This release features GNOME 3.34, which brings significant performance enhancements which will be especially noticeable on lower-powered hardware. Fedora Server brings the latest in cutting-edge open source server software to systems administrators in an easy-to-deploy fashion.
- Fedora 31 Performance Is Still Sliding In The Wrong Direction
- Distributed Linux Testing Platform KernelCI Secures Funding and Long-Term Sustainability — "Testing is traditionally done only on the most common hardware. But because Linux runs on more hardware than any other operating system, it's important to also test it on all that hardware. The Linux Foundation's support is enabling us to expand the great work we started five years ago and sets us up for a bright future with a growing community,"
- Hackers can steal the contents of Horde webmail inboxes with one click — Horde is one of the most popular free and open-source web email systems available. It’s built and maintained by a core team of developers, with contributions from the wider open-source community. It’s used by universities, libraries and many web hosting providers as the default email client.
- Horde Webmail - XSS + CSRF to SQLi, RCE, Stealing Emails <= v5.2.22 — Horde Webmail - XSS + CSRF to SQLi, RCE, Stealing Emails <= v5.2.22
- ProtonMail iOS app is open source - ProtonMail Blog — As part of our commitment to security, we are putting all of our software through rigorous, independent third-party audits.
- Android App Soon
- Site Kit is now available for all WordPress sites — Site Kit is Google’s official WordPress plugin
adsense, code executio, containers, csrf, csrf vulnerability, fedora 31, fedora toolbox, gnome 3.34, google analytics, google search console, horde webmail, jupiter broadcasting, linux academy, linux action show, linux news podcast, numan ozdemir, open source at protonmail, pagespeed insights, protonmail ios app, rce, sec consult, site kit, sql injection, sqli, stealing emails, wordpress, xss