LUP 474: Linux’s Malware Inevitability¶
- Air Date: 2022-09-04
- Duration: 73 mins 22 secs
About this episode¶
Can Linux do better? Apple is scrambling to build always-on malware protection into the next macOS as its market share grows. A precautionary tale for Linux users.
- Tailscale: Tailscale is a Zero config VPN. It installs on any device in minutes, manages firewall rules for you, and works from anywhere. Get 20 devices for free for a personal account.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- Bitwarden: Bitwarden is the easiest way for businesses and individuals to store, share, and sync sensitive data.
- Canonical Accepts Ubuntu Unity as Official Ubuntu Flavor Starting with Ubuntu 22.10 — The Ubuntu Unity 22.10 (Kinetic Kudu) release is expected to see the light of day as an official Ubuntu flavor on October 20th, 2022.
- [vote] Re: Ubuntu Unity as an official flavor
- Ubuntu Unity
- Office Hours 11 — We're pushing our new website to production live on the show today. We have no idea how things will turn out - but we're taking you along for the ride either way!
- JB Meetups
- JB Matrix West Coast Crew
- Baller Boost Jingles — Send us your feedback via GitHub
- Mac vs. PC Ad
- macOS malware development surged by over 1,000% in 2020
- Increased Enterprise Use of iOS, Mac Means More Malware
- Report Finds Surge in Malware Aimed at MacOS - Security Boulevard
- macOS now scans for malware whenever it gets a chance — In the last six months macOS malware protection has changed more than it did over the previous seven years.
- Desktop Market Share
- Is any virus protection software needed for Red Hat Enterprise Linux?
- Linux devices ‘increasingly’ under attack from hackers, warn security researchers
- Brunch with Brunch
- Harmonoid — Plays and manages your music library. Looks beautiful & juicy.
- LINUX Unplugged 409 — Launch Your Memories Into the Future.
- Google Photos is so 2020
anti-malware, antivirus, apple, canonical, element, endlessos, federation, flutter, fragmentation, google photos, ham radio, harmonoid, immutable os, ios, jupiter broadcasting, libmpv, linux podcast, linux unplugged, local media, macos, malware, matrix, media player, mpv, nemo, nix, peertube, photo backup, pluma, power users, privacy, rhel, security, ubuntu, ubuntu unity, unity tweak, unity7, virus, x11