LUP 493: Network Nirvana¶
- Air Date: 2023-01-15
- Duration: 75 mins 13 secs
About this episode¶
Chris' sticky upgrade situation, and we chat with the developer behind an impressive mesh VPN with new tricks.
- Tailscale: Tailscale is a Zero config VPN. It installs on any device in minutes, manages firewall rules for you, and works from anywhere. Get 20 devices for free for a personal account.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- Bitwarden: Bitwarden is the easiest way for businesses and individuals to store, share, and sync sensitive data.
- NixOS 22.11 Released
- VERY Simple NixOS NGINX Config
- NixOS Manual: SSL/TLS Certificates with ACME — NixOS supports automatic domain validation & certificate retrieval and renewal using the ACME protocol. Any provider can be used, but by default NixOS uses Let's Encrypt. The alternative ACME client lego is used under the hood.
- NixOS Manual: Configuring Nginx for Pleroma
- go-acme/lego — Let’s Encrypt/ACME client and library written in Go.
- hackclub’s proxyparty
- Easily Deploy a Mastodon Server with Linode's Marketplace
- Defined Networking is Open for Business — On behalf of everyone here at Defined Networking, I’m excited to announce that our cloud managed version of Nebula is now available to everyone!
- Automating Nebula Host Creation with the API
- Try Defined Networking’s Managed Nebula
- LINUX Unplugged 329: Flat Network Truthers — Build one flat network across cloud providers, personal networks, with even thousands of nodes. We feature two amazing open source solutions, and the creators behind them.
- Trakt — Track what you watch and when.
acme, ansible, api, arch, automation, bash, bitwarden, cloud hosting, defined networking, feedback, garuda, grapheneos, immutable os, jellyfin, jupiter broadcasting, lego, let's encrypt, linode, linux podcast, linux unplugged, managed nebula, mastodon, mesh vpn, nano, nebula, neovim, networking, nextcloud, nginx, nixos, nixos 22.11, nixos upgrades, open-source, plex, proxyparty, python, reverse proxy, self-hosting, ssh, ssl, tls, vpn, vpn security, wireguard, zoneminder