LAN 163: Linux Action News 163¶
- Air Date: 2020-11-15
- Duration: 26 mins 45 secs
About this episode¶
The Ubuntu bug you need to patch, PayPal's Bitcoin support goes live, and a breaking change inbound to systemd.
- Ubuntu fixes bugs that standard users could use to become root — A handful of commands was all it took for untrusted users to become all-powerful.
- Now-patched Ubuntu desktop vulnerability allows privilege escalation
- How to get root on Ubuntu 20.04 by pretending nobody’s /home
- Meet Proxmox Backup Server, a Debian-Based Open Source Enterprise Backup Solution — Proxmox launched today Proxmox Backup Server as a new edition of its Debian-based Linux distribution engineered to act as an enterprise solution for backing up and restoring physical hosts, virtual machines and containers.
- Proxmox Roadmap
- Proxmox Backup Server
- Proxmox Backup Git Repo
- PayPal's crypto trading goes live in the US — Customers will be able to trade up to $20,000 a week, rather than the originally announced $10,000.
- Systemd catches up with bind events — Perhaps the real lesson here is that the community would be better served by closer relations between the kernel project and projects managing low-level utilities like systemd.
- eBPF - The Future of Networking & Security — Cilium is an open source project that has been designed on top of eBPF to address the networking, security, and visibility requirements of container workloads. It provides a high-level abstraction on top of eBPF. Cilium is to eBPF what Kubernetes and container runtimes are to Linux kernel namespaces, cgroups, and seccomp
- Linux App Summit 2020
accountsservices, backups, bitcoin, breaking changes, cilium, containers, cryptocurrency, cve, dbus, debian, ebpf, encryption, gdm3, gnome, kubernetes, kvm, linux action news, linux news podcast, lxc, networking, paypal, pine64, pinephone, plasma mobile, proxmox, proxmox backup server, rust, security, systemd, ubuntu, udev, user space, zfs