LAN 055: Linux Action News 55¶
- Air Date: 2018-05-27
- Duration: 24 mins 17 secs
About this episode¶
OpenSUSE Leap 15 is released, along a new LXQt, the Essential Phone getting canceled, and why older Chrombooks might be receiving the big Linux apps update.
- openSUSE Leap 15 released — With a brand new look developed by the community, openSUSE Leap 15 brings plenty of community packages built on top of a core from SUSE Linux Enterprise (SLE) 15 sources
- LXQt 0.13 released — The LXQt team is proud to announce the release of LXQt 0.13.0, the Lightweight Qt Desktop Environment.
- Portable Services arrives in systemd — "Portable Services" are supposed to be an incremental improvement over traditional system services, making two specific facets of container management available to system services more readily.
- Next Essential phone cancelled — Company cancels development of second version of smartphone
- XDA lament the news
- Some cheap Android phones shipped with malware — The app consists of a dropper and a payload.
- Linux apps coming to older Chromebooks — Thanks to an issue found on Chromium’s public bugtracker, we have confirmation that containers won’t be limited to the handful of Chrome OS devices released with kernel 4.4.