LUP 383: Murder of a Distro¶
- Air Date: 2020-12-08
- Duration: 66 mins 30 secs
About this episode¶
Red Hat just made big changes to how CentOS works, we breakdown the good, and the bad.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- A Cloud Guru: Hundreds of courses, thousands of hands-on labs.
- Cast Your Nominations for the 2020 Tuxies — Nominate your favorite projects (the term used loosely here) and devices for the 2020 Tuxies.
- CentOS Project shifts focus to CentOS Stream — The future of the CentOS Project is CentOS Stream, and over the next year we’ll be shifting focus from CentOS Linux, the rebuild of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), to CentOS Stream, which tracks just ahead of a current RHEL release.
- FAQ - CentOS Project shifts focus to CentOS Stream
- CentOS Stream: Building an innovative future for enterprise Linux — Since its introduction, we’ve seen great enthusiasm from partners and contributors around CentOS Stream and the continuous stream of innovation that the project provides. Given this, we’ve informed the CentOS Project Governing Board that we are shifting our investment fully from CentOS Linux to CentOS Stream.
- When Red Hat bought CentOS in 2014 they said…
- CentOS Git server
- OG CentOS Founder Wants to build another CentOS — I am considering creating another rebuild of RHEL and may even be able to hire some people for this effort. If you are interested in helping, please join the HPCng slack (link on the website hpcng.org).
- LUP 320: RHELhide
- Pi-KVM — A very simple and fully functional Raspberry Pi-based KVM over IP that you can make with your own hands without any soldering!
- Check out Self-Hosted — Discover new software and hardware to get the best out of your network, control smart devices, and secure your data on cloud services.
- All Jupiter Broadcasting Shows
- Hector Martin is creating Linux for Apple Silicon Macs | Patreon — The goal is to bring Linux support on Apple Silicon macs to the point where it is not merely a tech demo, but is actually an OS you would want to use on a daily driver device.
- Hector Martin
- Pick: radeontop — View your GPU utilization, both for the total activity percent and individual blocks.
- Pick: bpytop — Linux/OSX/FreeBSD resource monitor
amd, apple m1, bashtop, bmc, bpytop, centos, centos 8, centos stream, egpu, fedora, hector martin, htop, ibm, ip-kvm, ipmi, jupiter broadcasting, linux hardware, linux podcast, microsoft kinect, nouveau, nvidia, pi-kvm, ps4, python, radeon, radeontop, raspberry pi, red hat, rhel, thunderbolt, top, tuxies, uma, unplugged, vnc