LAN 264: Linux Action News 264¶
- Air Date: 2022-10-27
- Duration: 11 mins 57 secs
About this episode¶
The focus of the new Ubuntu release, Gitea's surprising announcement, and Linux prepares to drop another architecture.
- Linode: Sign up using the link on this page and receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account.
- Kolide: User-centered, cross-platform endpoint security for teams that Slack.
- Ubuntu 22.10 Released — Codenamed “Kinetic Kudu”, this interim release improves the experience of enterprise developers and IT administrators. It also includes the latest toolchains and applications with a particular focus on the IoT ecosystem.
- LINUX Unplugged 481: Just a Prompt Away — We take a look at Ubuntu 22.10 on a ODRID H3+
- Ubuntu 22.10 Pi Focused Features
- Ubuntu 22.10 (Kinetic Kudu) Is Now Available for Download
- Open source sustainment and the future of Gitea — We’d like to announce that we have formed a company, Gitea Limited, to ensure the goals are met.
- Apple CPUFreq Driver Updated For Linux - Initial M2 Support Added — The new v3 patches have addressed feedback raised during prior review. One notable addition with the new patches is adding initial support for the Apple M2 SoC (T8112).
- Asahi Lina on Twitter — My Linux M1 GPU driver passes >99% of the dEQP-GLES2 compliance tests!
- Hector Martin on Twitter
- Linus Torvalds may pull '486 support from Linux kernel — As Torvalds surveyed contributors' code, he appears to have been frustrated by the need to include workarounds that cater to older CPUs. He therefore suggested ending support for old kit could be an easier way to solve memory matters.
- Red Hat releases a virtual Red Hat Enterprise Linux desktop on AWS — Red Hat is positioning the service as suitable for processing-intensive workloads like animation rendering or data visualization but without the associated hardware costs.
- Stratis Storage 3.3 Released — Stratis 3.3.0 includes one significant enhancement and several smaller enhancements as well as number of stability and efficiency improvements.
- Stratis Storage
- Matthew Miller on Twitter — Heads up: we are very likely to slip the official Fedora Linux 37 release in order to integrate fixes for the upcoming critical openssl vulnerability. Official decision on this tomorrow.
- Forthcoming OpenSSL Releases — OpenSSL 3.0.7 is a security-fix release. The highest severity issue fixed in this release is CRITICAL
22.10, 486 support, apple m1, asahi, btrfs, canonical, cpufreq, fedora 37, gitea, gnome 43, gpio, gpu driver, gtk4, hyperpixel, i486, kinetic kudu, linux action news, linux news podcast, lvm, m2, micropython, openssl, openssl 3.0.7, pipewire, raspberry pi pico w, steam snap, stratis, ubuntu, virtual linux workstation, wireplumber, xfs, zfs