SSH 102: NixOS is a bit Flakey¶
- Air Date: 2023-07-28
- Duration: 63 mins 3 secs
About this episode¶
Alex shares a suite of self-hosted apps that replace Reddit. Chris is struggling with Jellyfin, and we discuss where NixOS is killing it and where we think it falls down.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/ssh
- Tailscale: Tailscale is a Zero config VPN. It installs on any device in minutes, manages firewall rules for you, and works from anywhere. Get 20 devices for free for a personal account.
- 45drives: Big. Strong. Fast storage servers with affordable high-performance, high-capacity, enterprise storage solutions for all industries and now your Home Lab.
- ⚡ Alby: Your Boost companion for the web — Create an Alby Account to get a lightning wallet for payments wherever you go.
- ⚡ Self-Hosted on the Podcastindex.org — Send a Boost into the show via the web. First, top-up Alby, then head over to our entry on the Podcast Index.
- wallabag — wallabag is a web application allowing you to save web pages for later reading. Click, save and read it when you want. It extracts content so that you won't be distracted by pop-ups and cie.
- wallabag/docker: Official docker-composer for wallabag.
- FreshRSS, a free, self-hostable feeds aggregator — FreshRSS is a self-hosted RSS and Atom feed aggregator.
- linuxserver/freshrss - Docker Image | Docker Hub
- Selfhosted show wiki: The official Wiki of the selfhosted.show Podcast. — This repository contains the backend for the Self-Hosted podcast wiki.
- dust: A more intuitive version of du in rust — du + rust = dust. Like du but more intuitive.
- duf: Disk Usage/Free Utility - a better 'df' alternative — Disk Usage/Free Utility (Linux, BSD, macOS & Windows)
- dua-cli: View disk space usage and delete unwanted data, fast. — dua (-> Disk Usage Analyzer) is a tool to conveniently learn about the usage of disk space of a given directory. It's parallel by default and will max out your SSD, providing relevant information as fast as possible. Optionally delete superfluous data, and do so more quickly than rm.
- Nixhub.io | A Nix Packages Registry — Search over 400,000 granular versions of nix packages
- The NixOS Foundation's Call to Action: S3 Costs Require Community Support — TL;DR - Kicking off an effort to secure long-term funding for our S3 costs and exploring alternatives. This comes after multiple years where Logicblox has been graciously sponsoring the S3 costs for Nix! An enormous thank you to them.
- Alex's configuration.nix
- Postmoogle · GitLab — An Email to Matrix bridge. 1 room = 1 mailbox.
- The Everything App — Imagine an app where you can do everything.
- Self-hosting - any tech docs — This article will help you to self-host Any-Sync on your own infrastructure for personal use and configure Anytype clients to work with your nodes.
- Outline – Team knowledge base & wiki — Lost in a mess of Docs? Never quite sure who has access? Colleagues requesting the same information repeatedly in chat? It’s time to get your team’s knowledge organized.
- Taiga — For cross-functional agile teams to work effectively
- planka: The realtime kanban board for workgroups built with React and Redux. — Elegant open source project tracking
access everywhere, android app, anytype, api support, baby monitor solution, backup solution, browser extension, comfortable reading, configurable, devbox package index, disk usage analyzer, du alternative, dua-cli, duf, dust, eufy spaceview, failed device, fast & efficient, feeds generation, freshrss, gnome, home assistant, hosted version, import, international, ios app, jupiter broadcasting, luks encryption, mit license, nanit pro, nix packages repo, nixhub.io, nixos, notion-like note apps, opml, reader, replace, rss feed aggregator, search, self-hosting, self-hosting podcast, swap, syndication, themes & extensions, unifi cloud key gen 2, unifi controller, wallabag, web scraping, websub