SSH 091: Total Network Rebuild¶
- Air Date: 2023-02-24
- Duration: 57 mins 9 secs
About this episode¶
Alex has been swapping hardware and standing-up services. It's a network rebuild episode and more!
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/ssh
- Tailscale: Tailscale is a Zero config VPN. It installs on any device in minutes, manages firewall rules for you, and works from anywhere. Get 20 devices for free for a personal account.
- Images for this episode — Alex's Network Diagram and stuffs!
- SSH 003: Home Network Under $200
- Restricting ASRock Rack BMC to dedicated IPMI_LAN port only — During this process I came across a frustrating "bug" in the Asrock Rack BMC implementation. No matter the settings I gave the BMC it was getting two IP addresses. One on the IPMI_LAN port as expected in my management VLAN, and another on eth0 which is undesirable.
- Scaling the PiKVM - Using the Raspberry Pi PiKVM with Multiple Machines - YouTube — The PiKVM is a fantastic device to remote control your Windows, Mac, or Linux machines. It turns a Raspberry Pi into an IP based KVM switch that lets you remote control any machine from anywhere in the world! You can build your own, or buy a pre-assembled PiKVM like I did. In this video we try to scale the PiKVM to 8 devices, but things don't always go as planned.
- PiKVM - Control up to 4 servers simultaneously — This is every homelabbers dream isn't it? Controlling multiple systems that don't have IPMI natively, remotely. Thanks to PiKVM, now we can.
- USB 3.0 KVM Switch HDMI 4 Computer 1 Monitor — HDMI KVM Switcher USB3.0 Hotkey 4 In 1 Out SPDIF L/R Audio Out ---Control 4 HDMI sources / 4 computers laptops by one set USB keyboard+mouse, Hotkey Keyboard Switch -- 4K 60Hz HDMI USB 3.0 switch in sync, downward compatible --Support IR remote with IR
- Jupiter Jobs on Matrix
- Alby — Lightnin for your Browser! — Alby brings Boosts to the web!
- Self-Hosted on Podcastindex.org — Keep your podcast App, and Boost from the web via the Podcast Index, grab Alby top it off, and then head on over to the Index!
asrock ipmi, audiobookshelf, blue iris box, cpu upgrade, flex mini, igpu benchmarking, intel igpus, jupiter broadcasting, kickstarter, network latency, pikvm v4, self-hosted, self-hosting podcast, smokeping, unifi switches poe, vlan, wireshark