LUP 494: Updating Our Fiddly Bits¶
- Air Date: 2023-01-22
- Duration: 77 mins 59 secs
About this episode¶
Today we are finally taking on a project months in the making, and we're switching to an entirely new generation of Linux tech in the process.
- Bitwarden: Bitwarden is the easiest way for businesses and individuals to store, share, and sync sensitive data.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- Tailscale: Tailscale is a Zero config VPN. It installs on any device in minutes, manages firewall rules for you, and works from anywhere. Get 20 devices for free for a personal account.
- This week in KDE: The best Plasma 5 version ever — Plasma 5 has officially branched for the beta version of its 5.27 release. Go check out the announcement and test out the beta!
- BorgWarehouse — BorgBackup Web UI for your central repository server.
- Vorta — Vorta is a backup client for macOS and Linux desktops. It integrates the mighty BorgBackup with your desktop environment to protect your data from disk failure, ransomware and theft.
- BorgBase — Simple and Secure Offsite Backups
- borgmatic — Simple, configuration-driven backup software for servers and workstations.
- Emborg — Front-End to Borg Backup
- emborg on GitHub
- Office Hours 21: Boiling the Frog — If you've noticed something a little off about your favorite podcasts, we might know why.
- aj-snapshot — Tool for storing/restoring JACK and/or ALSA connections to/from a file.
- jack-matchmaker — Auto-connect new JACK ports matching the patterns given on the command line.
- qpwgraph — qpwgraph is a graph manager dedicated to PipeWire, using the Qt C++ framework, based and pretty much like the same of QjackCtl.
- qpwgraph on Flathub
- streamdeck-ui — A Linux compatible UI for the Elgato Stream Deck.
- obsws-python — A Python SDK for OBS Studio WebSocket v5.0
- kirino — A lightweight media server that adapts to you
- BackupPC — Open Source Backup to disk
- Fedora 38 Change: Modernize Live Media
- rsync.net — We give you an empty UNIX filesystem to access with any SSH tool. Built on ZFS for data security and fault tolerance.
- ZnapZend — Open source ZFS backup with mbuffer and ssh support.
- LINUX Unplugged on the Podcastindex.org
- Pick: Jellyfin Server Flatpak
- Jellyfin Release 10.8.9
aj-snapshot, amd, arc, autorestic, backblaze, backups, borg, borgbackup, borgbase, borgmatic, borgwarehouse, carla, defined networking, elgato stream deck, emborg, graphics card, hardware acceleration, helvum, idrive, intel, jack, jellyfin, jupiter broadcasting, kde plasma, linux podcast, linux unplugged, live usb, livestreaming, lts kernel, material shell, modern linux desktop, nebula, nix, nixos, obs, obs-websocket, obsws-python, open-source graphics, persistent usb, pipeline, plasma desktop, qpwgraph, radeon rx 6500 xt, remote desktop, restic, rsync, rsync.net, rustdesk, streamdeck-ui, streaming, system76, thelio, tiling window manager, traefik, vorta, wayland, zfs, znapzend