LAN 285: Linux Action News 285¶
- Air Date: 2023-03-22
- Duration: 19 mins 24 secs
About this episode¶
Nextcloud moves to the front of the pack with their new release, a moment to appreciate curl, and Amazon goes all in with Fedora.
- Kolide: Kolide can help you nail third-party audits and internal compliance goals with endpoint security for your entire fleet.
- Linode: Sign up using the link on this page and receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account.
- curl 8.0.0 is Here — This a major version number bump but without any ground-breaking changes or fireworks. We decided it was about time to reset the minor number down to more a manageable level and doing it exactly on curl’s 25th birthday made it extra fun. There is no API nor ABI break in this version.
- Twenty-five Tears of curl — Taking curl this far and being able to work full time on my hobby project is a dream come real. curl is a huge part of my life.
- curl 8.0.0 with Daniel Stenberg [YouTube]
- curl 8.0.1: because I jinxed it
- Amazon Linux 2023 — When looking for a base to serve as a starting point for Amazon Linux 2023, Fedora was the best choice. We found that Fedora’s core tenets (Freedom, Friends, Features, First) resonate well with our vision for Amazon Linux.
- Paving the Road to Vulkan on Asahi Linux — Today we’re releasing a big update to our GPU drivers for Asahi Linux, so I wanted to talk to you about what we’ve been working on since then, and what’s next!
- Asahi Linux Continues Making Progress On Apple Silicon Graphics, Promising OpenGL Speed
- Canonical joins the confidential computing consortium — Confidential computing is here to give you back control over the security guarantees of your workloads. As the consortium explains, confidential computing aims to “protect data in use by performing computation in a hardware-based Trusted Execution Environment.
- Introduction to Confidential Computing [YouTube]
- Hub 4 pioneers ethical AI integration for a more productive and collaborative future — Today, we are excited to announce a major step forward with Hub 4 – the very first on-premises collaboration platform to integrate intelligent features across its applications.
- Develop for Nextcloud — Write new applications, extend Nextcloud or integrate other software.
- Nextcloud Ethical AI Rating
- Berlin Meet Up — Friday, March 24, 2023
ai, alt-svc, amazon linux, amazon linux 2023, apple silicon, asahi linux, aws, canonical, chatgpt, confidential computing, confidential computing consortium, conformance test, context-aware, curl, curl 8, daniel stenberg, deck, deepl, dnf, ec2, ethical ai, ethical ai rating, fedora, files, gl es, http, http/2, http/3, hub 4, kernel live patching, linux action news, linux foundation, linux news podcast, metal, microsoft, nextcloud, nextcloud hub 4, office 365, opengl, openssl 3, openstreetmaps, peertube, quic, rhel, rust, smart picker, speech-to-test, stable diffusion, talk, trusted execution environment, ubuntu, versioned repositories, vulkan, whisper, xonotic