LUP 454: Double Distro Details¶
- Air Date: 2022-04-17
- Duration: 59 mins 19 secs
About this episode¶
Has Fedora pulled ahead of Ubuntu? We take a look at the new Fedora 36 and Ubuntu 22.04 releases.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- Bitwarden: Bitwarden is the easiest way for businesses and individuals to store, share, and sync sensitive data.
- Office Hours — Join ChrisLAS for an update on all things Jupiter Broadcasting.
- What’s New in Fedora 36 — In a blog post introducing the Fedora 36 beta in late March, Red Hat said Fedora 36 continues the project’s “emphasis on delivering leading-edge open source technologies.”
- Fedora 36 ChangeSet
- Fedora 36 Release Date and New Features
- LXQt 1.1 Desktop Environment Officially Released, This Is What’s New
- Podman 4.0 — Podman 4.0 is one of our most significant releases ever, featuring over 60 new features. Headlining this release is a complete rewrite of the network stack for improved functionality and performance.
- The Best New Features in GNOME 42 — GNOME 42 features a plethora of GTK4/libawaita app ports, intros a retooled screenshot experience, and makes several notable performance upticks.
- Relocate RPM database to /usr
- Wayland By Default with NVIDIA proprietary Driver
- Cockpit File Sharing
- Stratis 3.0.0
- Fedora 37 Planning To Use RPM 4.18 For Better Security
- Fedora Planning To Introduce Major Package Management Changes Next Year
- Fedora Plans to Drop Support for Legacy BIOS Systems
- Fedora 37 Considering Removal Of Legacy X.Org Drivers
- Canonical Experiences Record Channel Business Growth and Momentum
- Upgrading from Ubuntu 20.04? Look Out for These Features in 22.04 — Wayland is the default display server in Ubuntu 22.04 LTS — but don’t panic: it’s 2022 and Wayland is pretty solid these days. Plus, thanks to technologies like Pipewire, even previously tricky areas like screen sharing work out of the box, and without fuss under Wayland. Heck, in Ubuntu 22.04 Wayland is so robust it even ships as default for computers for those with select NVIDIA graphics cards.
- Ubuntu Upgrade warning
- Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Will be Able to Run on 2GB Raspberry Pi 4
- Linux_5.15 - Linux Kernel Newbies
- Ubuntu’s Zsys For OpenZFS Linux Installs Sees First Update In A Year
- ‘Ubuntu Pro’ Settings Pulled from Ubuntu 22.04
- How to Upgrade to Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish
- RSSHub: 🍰 Everything is RSSible — RSSHub is an open source, easy to use, and extensible RSS feed generator. It's capable of generating RSS feeds from pretty much everything.
- RSSHub Introduction
5.15, 5.17, android, backend sync, backups, canonical, dnf, do-release-upgrade, fedora 36, flatpak, flutter, gnome 42, in-flight entertainment, installer, jammy jellyfish, jupiter broadcasting, ksmbd, linux podcast, linux unplugged, lxd 5.0, matrix, ntfs, nvidia, outlook, podman 4.0, python 3.10, qemu, red hat, rpm, rss, rsshub, ruby 3.0, synapse, ubuntu 22.04, wayland, zfs, zfs send, zsys