CR 356: Fear, Uncertainty, and .NET¶
- Air Date: 2019-05-08
- Duration: 34 mins 30 secs
About this episode¶
.NET 5 has been announced and brings a new unified future to the platform. We dig in to Microsoft's plans and speculate about what they mean for F#.
- Feedback: Testing as a Career
- Feedback: Keeping up with Documentation
- ruby/rdoc — RDoc produces HTML and command-line documentation for Ruby projects.
- Javadoc — Javadoc is a documentation generator created by Sun Microsystems for the Java language for generating API documentation in HTML format from Java source code.
- Literate programming — Literate programming is a programming paradigm introduced by Donald Knuth in which a program is given as an explanation of the program logic in a natural language, such as English, interspersed with snippets of macros and traditional source code, from which a compilable source code can be generated.
- Literate Programming — Writing a literate program is a lot more work than writing a normal program. After all, who ever documents their programs in the first place!? Moreover, who documents them in a pedagogical style that is easy to understand? And finally, who ever provides commentary on the theory and design issues behind the code as they write the documentation?
- JupiterBroadcasting/Talks — Public repository of crew talks, slides, and additional resources.
- Visual Studio Code Remote Development — Visual Studio Code Remote Development allows you to use a container, remote machine, or the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) as a full-featured development environment.
- Remote Development - Visual Studio Marketplace
- Introducing .NET 5 — There will be just one .NET going forward, and you will be able to use it to target Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS, Android, tvOS, watchOS and WebAssembly and more.
- The Friday Stream — Our crew from all over the world share stories, make new friends, and give each other a hard time live.
.net, .net 5, .net core, ahead of time, aot, automated testing, clr, coder radio, community, compilers, conway's game of life, developer podcast, development environments, devops, documentation, f#, functional programming, ide, ios, java, javadoc, jit, lfnw, literate programming, llvm, manual testing, mono, objective c, oop, open source, pengwin, project uno, qa, rdoc, runtime, rust, sdet, simulation, swift, testing, testing culture, ui programming, unity, uwp, visual studio code, visual studio code remote, web assembly, wsl, xamarin, xaml