CR 499: The Copy Paste Wars¶
- Air Date: 2023-01-04
- Duration: 60 mins 50 secs
About this episode¶
We share our spicy C++ take, major Apple frustrations, and 2023 spoilers.
- Tailscale: Tailscale is the easiest way to create a peer-to-peer network with the power of Wireguard.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/coder
- What’s Left in the Apple Silicon Transition — Depending on how long Apple waits to launch its next Mac, the time following the launch of the MacBook Air could be among the longest periods with no new Mac models at all.
- Apple Didn't Release Any New Macs This Quarter for First Time Since 2000
- C++ at the end of 2022 — In 2022 the world tried to go back to “normal,” and regarding C++, this was visible through several “real”/live conferences and live ISO committee meetings. Compiler vendors are busy completing support for C++20 and even some C++23 elements. And the ISO committee works on the final parts of C++23 and some features for C++26.
- Stack Overflow Developer Survey 2022 — Windows is the most popular operating system for developers, across both personal and professional use. A Linux-based OS is more popular than macOS - speaking to the appeal of using open source software.
- Alby — Lightning for your Browser! — Boost from your browser with the awesome open-source Alby extension.
- Announcement: Direct Alby wallet top up with MoonPay
- Coder Radio on Podcastindex.org — Boost the show from the Podcast Index website directly.
apple silicon transition, bad iphone sales, bad year for apple, c++, c++ 23, coder radio, copilot legal trouble, developer survey, development podcast, github, intel, m2, mac pro, microsoft, python, qa role, rust, stack overflow